Pure Living Pilates appreciates the importance of protecting your personal information and recognises the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us.
Pure Living Pilates will control the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
Pure Living Pilates is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This includes the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection and use of personal information
The type of personal information that Pure Living Pilates collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example, we will collect personal information from you if you:
- join Pure Living Pilates as a member and client
- subscribe to a newsletter or magazine, and/or
- register for an event or promotion
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, Pure Living Pilates may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and development of Pure Living Pilates service offerings
- maintain registration and membership records
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- provide access to information about current and future services and benefits offered
- conduct research and surveys to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of members and clients
Disclosure of Information
Pure Living Pilates may disclose your personal information to third party organisations, which may include:
- external service providers for payment purposes like stripe and Edebit as per you approval.
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law, or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Pure Living Pilates takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information, and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal details.
Pure Living Pilates will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Pure Living Pilates personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
Access to personal information
Pure Living Pilates members can access and update their contact details and member profile via the ‘member profile’ section of the website.
Resolving your concerns
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and the protection of your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at: